Confronting but richly rewarding afternoon! Enjoyed the creative thinking
aspect and the way the passage was developed. Meaning, interpretation, consonants, vowels to performance! Brilliant! Confidence building! Thank you.
- P. Murray; Mt Eliza Business School EMBA, Confident Performance Workshop.
Read more testimonials here.
1. Creating Excellent Communicators (2 day course)
The Creating Excellent Communicators course is designed to give you a clear idea of how you communicate at work, and also to identify and practice fundamental strategies to manage a range of professional communications:
- Your style: What’s your individual ‘style’?
- Your voice: develop resonance, range, pitch, volume, articulation.
- Your body: develop charisma and presence with posture, gesture, spatial awareness and energy.
- Your audience: engage others more effectively, use of intention, connect.
- Set the dial: achieve the positive group energy you intend to have, building rapport.
- Plan for success: objectives, obstacles, script writing, rehearsal techniques, and management plans.
- Scenarios: Create and test a range of communication and presentation scenarios
- Video: feedback and assessment
2. The Confidence Workshop
Most charismatic leaders have presence and ability to inspire confidence in others. Develop your personal confidence; identify the factors that undermine or promote your confidence, and how to nurture self-confidence in yourself and others:
- Positive self-awareness.
- Relaxation builds trust
- Breath and vocal control
- Create unconditional positive regard in the workplace
- Listening skills
- Being present
- Rehearsal techniques
- What’s your Personal Mission Statement?
3. Public Speaking
Get rid of your nerves and give fantastic presentations and speeches:
- The Anxiety Game
- Believe in Yourself: The Magic of Being You
- Preparation! Preparation! Preparation!
- Rehearsal Techniques
- Vocal Tips
- After the Performance
- Read more about Public Speaking Courses…
4. The Story Telling Workshop
The leader as storyteller:
“For a leader, story telling is action oriented – a force for turning dreams into goals and then into results.”
- Peter Gruber, film producer and top executive at several multinational entertainment companies including Sony, Polygram and Columbia Pictures.
The power of persuasion – toss Power Point slides away, and tell a good story instead. Why?
- Telling a great story allows you to weave a lot of information but above all to connect to the listener’s emotion and energy.
- For millennia, humans naturally want to listen to stories. The human mind makes sense of experience by assembling the bits into story.
- People are not inspired to act by reason alone – but by emotion.
- Storytelling unites reason, logic and emotion.
This workshop takes you through the elements that make a good story.
If you understand the principle of good story telling you will have a good understanding of yourself and of human nature.
The art of story telling takes intelligence – it demands life experience, and the pain of childhood. Your brain records that experience for analysis and awareness. From life’s lessons you create art, science and business ideas.